If you’ve been sexually assaulted, we’re here for you.
When you call, you’ll get help immediately including:
- A trained staff member to support you and help you talk through what happened
- Help finding a local health facility that cares for survivors of sexual assault and offers services like sexual assault forensic exams
- Local resources that can assist with your next steps toward healing and recovery
- Referrals for long term support in Sheridan
- Legal Assistance
There are many forms of sexual violence and assault such as:
• Child sexual abuse
• Intimate partner sexual abuse
• Sexual harassment and exploitation
Sexual violence and assault can have serious physical, emotional and physiological effects on survivors that are both immediate as well as long term.
It’s not always easy, but addressing the trauma right away can really help with side effects like depression, flashbacks and post-traumatic stress disorder.
The most important thing to know – it’s NEVER the victim’s fault.